Book your NHS Health check now - ask at reception
Follow us on Twitter
For administration issues only please use the email below to contact the practice manager.
Please do not use this email address for clinical issues, request prescriptions, appointments, medical certificates etc
Tel: 01702 582670
The Thorpe Bay Surgery
99 Tyrone Road
Southend on Sea
The surgery provides a full maternity service from pre-conception advice to the post-natal check. These services are provided under the personal care of Dr Agha who has a particular interest in this field.
The surgery has a community midwife attached to it. She is based at Thorpedene clinic and would like to see all expectant mothers at the Thorpdene Clinic after you have had your booking appointment with a GP at the surgery.This means you will see her, usually before your 11th week of pregnancy. To make an appointment to see the midwife please ring (01702) 578800 for an appointment. If you have any problems contacting her please inform the surgery. Please make this appointment as soon as possible after seeing a GP.
Usual Ante-natal care plan
- Book double appointment with any GP as soon as pregnancy confirmed.
- If there is any doubt with home pregnancy tests contact the surgery for a hospital test.
- This involves collecting the first urine passed in the morning and sending it to the hospital.
- Phone Thorpedene clinic to book an appointment with midwife before 11 weeks.
- Midwife will take your history and confirm your ante-natal appointments.
- Ultrasound scan at 12 weeks.
- Ultrasound scan before 20 weeks.
- Appointment with consultant obstetrician at the hospital at 20 weeks.
- Ante-natal appointment with Dr Agha at the surgery at 35 weeks.
- Weekly appointments with the midwife till term.
- Review by consultant at term.
Usual Post-natal care
- Post-natal visit on return from hospital by GP.
- Midwife visits for up to 10 days post delivery.
- Health visitor reviews till 6 week check.
- 6 week baby and mother check at surgery with Dr Agha.